WELCOME TO THE ICE2020 HELSINKI!
The International Congress of Entomology returns to Europe, for the first time in 24 years! The Finnish capital Helsinki is proud to host the ICE congress with latitude! The venue is the world-famous Finlandia Hall, situated in a beautiful park right in the heart of Helsinki.
Congress postponed, new dates 18-23 July 2021
The ICE2020Helsinki Local Organizing Committee has decided to postpone the congress by one year, due to the global coronavirus situation. The new dates for the congress are 18-23 July 2021.
Important points concerning the postponement:
* all registrations to the congress will be transferred as such to the new dates without extra costs to the participants.
* cancellation policy remains as mutually agreed at the time of your registration (see congress website). However, paid registrations can be transferred to another person, without extra costs to the participants (contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request transfer).
* already accepted abstracts remain accepted, and can be freely edited by authors to reflect new research, until April 30, 2021.
* presenting author must be registered and paid before May 1, 2021, to ensure inclusion in the congress program.
* registration deadline (regular registration rate) is extended until June 1, 2021.
* only walk-in rates will be available after June 1, 2021, to a limited number of delegates.
* submission deadline for new abstracts is extended until the end of February 2021.
We are determined to provide you with a most memorable International Congress of Entomology in July 2021 in Helsinki, Finland. We thank the President, Secretary General, and members of the ICE Council for their help and support in this process, as well as the numerous participants who have contacted us and advised us on this matter. Furthermore, we thank our service providers for their flexibility and understanding in this exceptional situation.
Nominations for recipients of ICE Council’s Certificates of Distinction 2020
The Council for Congresses of Entomology awards Certificates of Distinction for Outstanding Achievements at each International Entomological Congress. In Helsinki, the Council is pleased to advise that there will be recognition of outstanding entomologists representative of the depth and breadth of entomological science. The nominations Committee and Council unanimously endorsed the following three candidates: Dr. Mariana Federica Wolfner, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA; Dr. Nina Wedell, University of Exeter, U.K.; and Dr. Li LiYing, Guangdong Institute of Applied Biological Resources, Guangzhou, China.
For full information concerning these nominations, please click HERE
Free public transportation for all registered participants for the days of the congress!
SUBJECT TO RENEGOTIATIONS concerning 2021
The Helsinki Regional Transport Authority HSL supports the ICE2020Helsinki congress by granting a free travelcard to all registered participants for the time of the congress, valid from 19 to 24 July 2020. The travel card covers the whole region (A, B and C zones), and allows participants to explore Helsinki and its surroundings for free. Please consider this possibility also when selecting the location of your accommodation. More information at: https://www.hsl.fi/en/help-and-info
ICE2020Helsinki collaborates with the “International Year of Plant Health 2020”
See the link: https://www.ippc.int/en/iyph/
Plenary speakers for ICE2020 Helsinki have been selected. We are excited to announce the following plenary speakers:
Gene E. Robinson, Segenet Kelemu, Alexey Polilov, Louise E.M. Vet, Janet Hemingway and Jianghua Sun!
Please click here for details.
Entomology for our planet
General email: email@example.com
President of the Organizing Committee: prof. Heikki Hokkanen, email firstname.lastname@example.org