Post-Congress day cruise to Tallinn
Tallinn, the capitol of Estonia, is just 60 km from Helsinki across the Gulf of Finland. On the way you can relax and enjoy the beautiful and comfortable sea-cruise, eat well, and arrive on the other side of the bay.
For the ICE2022Helsinki congress participants we have organised the possibility for a one-day stress-free visit to Tallinn, with the ship M/S Viking XPRS.
M/S Viking XPRS is a fast ferry tailor-made for traffic over the Gulf of Finland. The journey between the two capital cities takes only 2.5 hours.
Schedule and options
Departure from Helsinki on Saturday 23.07.2022 at 11.30
Arrival in Tallinn on Saturday 23.07.2022 at 14.00
Return travel from Tallinn departing on Saturday 23.07.2022 at 18.00
Arrival in Helsinki on Saturday 23.07.2022 at 20.15
On the ship:
- welcome drink – a glass of sparkling wine
- a superb “Dinner Off-Shore” on the return trip starting at 18:00, includes drinks (soft drinks, coffee, beer and wine)
- possibility to sunbathe and enjoy the scenery on the sun deck
- enjoy food and drinks in the restaurants and bars
- enjoy the live entertainment on board
- shop in the supermarket for bargain offshore prices
- optional: book a cabin for resting (46-54 €)
In Tallinn: net time on land is about 3 hours. In that time you can
- explore the historic Old Town on your own, or
- participate in a guided bus tour, duration 2 hours (cost 10 € per person)
Please note that it is your own responsibility to be back on the ferry on time: it will not wait.
The Buffet offers a wide variety of hot dishes, salads, fish dishes, sauces, cheeses and desserts. For example, how about smoked salmon with cognac cream, wild boar sausage with herb dip, Caesar salad, dlue cheese and crème brûléé? You will of course find both gluten-free, lactose-free and vegetarian options and the price always includes beverage (soft drinks, tea, coffee, beer, wine).
The capital of the Estonian Republic is a historic town, situated at the northeast corner of the Baltic Sea region. The Old Town is better preserved than any other in Northern Europe. It is a part of 700 years of uninterrupted architectural history, all within a short walking distance from the harbour.
Tallinn offers much to discover for people with various interests – for art lovers, for lovers of gourmet dining, for those who enjoy nature and many, many other things.